MySurfBiz Members Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reflections on My First Day

4 posters

Go down

Reflections on My First Day Empty Reflections on My First Day

Post  LeeSurfBiz Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Hello My Surf Biz !

I joined last night under user "heidisurfbiz" and would like to share some thoughts and observations so far in the hopes that this critique can improve this program. I've been searching for a straightforward and simple system like mysurfbiz and really want to see it become widely successful. All of these comments are negative in general -- but please view them as a critique and as ways to make improvements!

The initial video and splash page is catching and obviously spoke to me. While walking through the set-up I was a bit taken back by the fact that you would have to pay a monthly fee for an auto-responder/mass emailer. I set mine up with Chimpmail which is free and although it doesn't have an 'auto-respond' feature, you can set up a message that will prompt folks to click on to step 2 and contact them at your earliest. I didn't receive an auto-respond email from my sponsor... and it would be important to reach out to folks if you got them at least to input their email.

On Step 2 I took the time to enter all of my referral IDs into the screen -- but then it wasn't saved anywhere. Other than seemingly ensuring new members sign up under your downline for the traffic exchanges, I don't know why that information was entered. It would be nice if that information was then directly entered into the two step1/step2 webpages so people can completely avoid the step where they have to edit the html.

When I did register with payspree I received my first email from mysurfbiz. It's unfortunate that the first email states there are log in issues and that the website is essentially wide open with the provided link. I hope this is a temporary issue and will be resolved soon. Alternatively -- the email could say you must now register at the forum or something along those lines so that the new member has confidence that the system they just spent $10 on and will be spending hundreds of hours promoting is 'the best'.

The link to download the two files is not functioning. This is by far the biggest issue. I knew enough to go back through my browser history to dig up my referral's two pages so I could retrieve the HTML source code and edit them to make them my own. I went through the top stickys in the forum and didn't see any mention of this issue. I tried opening the forum in IE and Chrome (I use firefox by default) but it wasn't a javascript error -- the menu simply doesn't not have a reference to the two files.

And finally -- the forum. The forum may be easier for members if there are catagories. 'Getting Started'. 'Social Room'. 'Advanced Discussions', etc. The social room would be a great way for people to come in and introduce themselves. Perhaps there are already some threads where some ideas and insights like this are being shared -- I wasn't able to easily find it.

Please don't take this feedback as a giant complaint -- I believe there is a huge need to have a low cost program for surfers. I have been doing this since the days of eProfit, ebiz/HUC, 12dailyPro, and GoBubbles, and know that what you have here has all the right ingredients for a large and powerfull program.

Looking forward to working with you all!

-Lee Nelson

Tampa, FL

LeeSurfBiz

Back to top Go down

Reflections on My First Day Empty Re: Reply with quote Reflections on My First Day

Post  agoda73 Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi Lee,

Some very good points.

I am also hoping that some of this gets resolved in the new year, especially having the ability to log into a website with a username and password, to able to monitor the progress of my account.

Regards and a Happy New Year.

agoda73

Back to top Go down

Reflections on My First Day Empty Re: Reflections on My First Day

Post  Jude Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:56 am

LeeSurfBiz wrote:Hello My Surf Biz !

I joined last night under user "heidisurfbiz" and would like to share some thoughts and observations so far in the hopes that this critique can improve this program. I've been searching for a straightforward and simple system like mysurfbiz and really want to see it become widely successful. All of these comments are negative in general -- but please view them as a critique and as ways to make improvements!

Hi Lee, and welcome to MSB. Thanks for your feedback.

I am a member, like you, not a mod or admin, so please understand that my response is just my own perspective.

The initial video and splash page is catching and obviously spoke to me. While walking through the set-up I was a bit taken back by the fact that you would have to pay a monthly fee for an auto-responder/mass emailer.

Actually, you don't have to use a paid autoresponder. Some people are using Listwire or other free autoresponders. You can
include your link on your thank you page or explain this in your autoresponder messages or your own welcome email that you
send to your signups and paid customers.

I didn't receive an auto-respond email from my sponsor... and it would be important to reach out to folks if you got them at
least to input their email.

Some sponsors follow up more than others. Or your sponsor's email may have not reached you or ended up in your junk folder.

On Step 2 I took the time to enter all of my referral IDs into the screen -- but then it wasn't saved anywhere.

When you set up your surfbiz, for example using the TextCrawler, your ID's are saved in your Step 2 page, which you can save
on your local computer and also the file must be saved on your hosting account.

Other than seemingly ensuring new members sign up under your downline for the traffic exchanges, I don't know why
that information was entered.

I think you answered your own question. Wink MSB is a traffic exchange downline builder!

It would be nice if that information was then directly entered into the two step1/step2 webpages so people can completely avoid
the step where they have to edit the html.

I suppose it boils down to cost versus benefit. Rick would probably not be able to offer a one-time $9.95 sale price and the 75% commission
structure, if he were to create the service in the way that you suggest.

When I did register with payspree I received my first email from mysurfbiz. It's unfortunate that the first email states there are log in issues
and that the website is essentially wide open with the provided link.

I hope this is a temporary issue and will be resolved soon.

I agree this does not inspire confidence. However, once people understand that the membership area does not maintain sensitive or personal data,
it becomes a non-issue. Your statistics are available from your PaySpree records. The info in the MSB area is for general news, updates and
instructions for setting up your surfbiz.

Alternatively -- the email could say you must now register at the forum or something along those lines so that the new member has
confidence that the system they just spent $10 on and will be spending hundreds of hours promoting is 'the best'.

Please read my post about how I handle this:

https://mysurfbiz.forumotion.com/t153-paypal-dispute#617

The link to download the two files is not functioning. This is by far the biggest issue. I knew enough to go back through my browser history to dig up my referral's two pages so I could retrieve the HTML source code and edit them to make them my own. I went through the top stickys in the forum and didn't see any mention of this issue. I tried opening the forum in IE and Chrome (I use firefox by default) but it wasn't a javascript error -- the menu simply doesn't not have a reference to the two files.

As MSB recently moved hosting to YouTube, it's possible some glitch occurred with that. If this is still a problem for you, please send a support request to Rick.

And finally -- the forum. The forum may be easier for members if there are catagories. 'Getting Started'. 'Social Room'. 'Advanced Discussions', etc. The social room would be a great way for people to come in and introduce themselves. Perhaps there are already some threads where some ideas and insights like this are being shared -- I wasn't able to easily find it.

Good point.

Please don't take this feedback as a giant complaint -- I believe there is a huge need to have a low cost program for surfers. I have been doing this since the days of eProfit, ebiz/HUC, 12dailyPro, and GoBubbles, and know that what you have here has all the right ingredients for a large and powerfull program.

I use MSB mostly as a traffic and list/lead generation tool. The cash from the front end sale is just a nice bonus!

Looking forward to working with you all!

-Lee Nelson

Tampa, FL

Welcome aboard! Very Happy

Jude

Back to top Go down

Reflections on My First Day Empty Fair Comments

Post  nigelssurfbiz Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:25 am

Hey Jude..........(the oldies are the goodies)lol
I want to try and clear some things up and you seem to be quite knowledgeable. Some of my referals have not received their log in details for the members area(myself included), you have already answered that in your post so i won't dwell.What appears to be the problem is because of that they are worried it is a scam! How else can i convince them otherwise? nigel

nigelssurfbiz

Back to top Go down

Reflections on My First Day Empty Re: Reflections on My First Day

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum