MySurfBiz Members Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Page Not Found - Someone please help me

4 posters

Go down

Page Not Found - Someone please help me Empty Page Not Found - Someone please help me

Post  crblindis Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Hello,

after completeing step 2 and loading file on to webstarts, i did the url test as described

i just get a "Page Not Found" message, like the website doesnt exist at all.

I have followed all instructions, can someone please fix this problem. I have done everything correct and have watched the videos over and over again so i am beggining to think there is a bug in the program that admin needs to fix.

crblindis

Back to top Go down

Page Not Found - Someone please help me Empty Re: Page Not Found - Someone please help me

Post  freeop Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:12 pm

What is the URL that you are trying to see? I have used my URL and it looks like everything is working on my end. Try this one to see mine...

freeopssurfbiz.webstarts.com/uploads/step2.html
freeop
freeop

Back to top Go down

Page Not Found - Someone please help me Empty Re: Page Not Found - Someone please help me

Post  crblindis Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:56 pm

I just tried your url and got the exact same "The webpage cannot be found" message.
tried on both firefox and internet explorer.

If it is of any help i am from New Zealand - but this shouldn't matter.

Again, i just tried YOUR url:

freeopssurfbiz.webstarts.com/uploads/step2.html.

and get the exact same message

crblindis

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:09 pm

This url works from my end:

freeopssurfbiz.webstarts.com/uploads/step2.html

(Make sure you do not include the period at the end)

Susan

Back to top Go down

Post  freeop Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Ok sounds like something either on your internet connection or something or someone is blocking you. I tried my link from your post and it worked fine.

Not for sure why it isn't working for you. You might want to try this site: w w w.2bone.com/links/linkchecker.shtml it will check your Step2 page without you having to actually see the page. It is an stand alone site that tests links for free.

Give it a try and see what you get...

freeop
freeop

Back to top Go down

Post  crblindis Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:19 pm

hi, i just tried your link and yes it works now

but, my link still doesnt,

this is my link:
crblindissurfbiz . webstarts . com / uploads / step2 . html

(i had to space out as forum will not let me post links)

can you please test at your end to confirm my link does not work.
Thanks for all this help - i want to get this set up and running.

crblindis

Back to top Go down

Post  freeop Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Nope doesn't work for me either. I would say check you webstarts.com account and make sure you have that page in your account.

Go to Webstarts and click the "Edit Site", then click on insert/file and it should bring up the File Manager. Look at the files and see if the "Step2.html" and "Step1.html" are in the file manager window. If they are, click the cancel, and then look at the very top of the page where it says "The link to this page is:" and make sure it has the crblindissurfbiz.webstarts.com/index.html

Let me know what you see.

freeop
freeop

Back to top Go down

Post  crblindis Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:02 pm

yes the link to my site is exactly as you said - so no problem there.

when i check on "insert files" i only have step2.html in there (just like on the instruction video)

also, when i click on the link to my website (on webstarts top right hand corner) it just loads a blank template that says "home" up the top - so its like the website is just a blank un edited template, when i enter the test url (step 2 url test) i get the "cannot find page" message.

the only thing i can think of now is maybe the files didnt unzip properly, but they must have as i set up the text crawler data with no problems just like in the video.

I m confused, can you tell me what size the unzipped step2.html file is meant to be? also, you said step1.html should be there aswell? because it is not (does not say this in the instruction video.

Thanks for the continued help......

crblindis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rina Baxter (New Admin) Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Hey crblindis

Can you please copy and paste that link at the top right of your Webstarts account in here? You may not
be typing in the right webstarts account user name.

Rick

Rina Baxter (New Admin)
Admin

https://mysurfbiz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crblindis Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:19 pm

http : // crblindissurfbiz . webstarts . com / index . html (forum wont let me post links - sorry about gaps)

originally, i had my name as yoursurfbiz, instead of crblindissurfbiz - so i changed it to crblindis as you suggested in the video (i just thought yoursurfbiz sounded cool, so i originally set up the domain as this name)

But when i had it as yoursurfbiz i had the exact same problem

crblindis

Back to top Go down

Post  crblindis Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:25 pm

http : // crblindissurfbiz . webstarts . com / index . html (forum wont let me post links - sorry about gaps)

originally, i had my name as yoursurfbiz, instead of crblindissurfbiz - so i changed it to crblindis as you suggested in the video (i just thought yoursurfbiz sounded cool, so i originally set up the domain as this name)

crblindis

Back to top Go down

Post  freeop Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Ok I guess you haven't completed the complete videos yet. Sorry getting ahead. The size of my Step2.html is 16.2K so yours should be around the same size, give or take a few bites. That's the one that has been edited.

Sounds like Rick is working on your problem now. Will continue to monitor this post...

freeop
freeop

Back to top Go down

Post  crblindis Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:29 pm

ok mine is 16.4kb too, so it must be right! and setup1 is about 7kb

crblindis

Back to top Go down

Post  freeop Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:31 pm

crblindis wrote:http : // crblindissurfbiz . webstarts . com / index . html (forum wont let me post links - sorry about gaps)

I just tried the above link and it works for the Blank Template page. That is good news, as the fact that we now know that the crblindissurfbiz is working as your account name.
freeop
freeop

Back to top Go down

Post  crblindis Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:49 am

ok so problem still remains unsolved.

I have followed all instructions and have gone thru and checked everything!

So, this must be a software fault/bug.

Can admin please look into this fault and fix it.

Until then, I am unable to promote MySurfBiz as my site simply doesn't work.

If the problem cannot be solved, then i will sadly have to request a refund.

Can admin please fix ASAP. Thanks.

crblindis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down