Paypal auto accept

Go down

Paypal auto accept

Post  zzzmaczzz on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi all, just a quick question (i tried to post yesterday but for some reason it didn't show) Is there any way i can set up my paypal account to auto accept payments as sometimes with the time -zone difference customers who pay don't get the link immediately and some think it's a scam, by the time i get to accept the payment they can be a bit irate, usually demanding a refund, i can't find any preference settings on paypal to change. Anyone else have this problem?
zzzmaczzz

View user profile http://getpaidtotakesurveysinc.com

Back to top Go down

PP is just slooow this week.

Post  Wendy on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:51 pm

My post of yesterday is not showing either.
But today's post are. Dunno wasup wid dat Sad

I have had this experience with PP about 4 times per year around the hoidays it seems to me. They either assume that everyone is offline so they do some maintenance or their server could just be overwhelmed due to black friday like today. But I have been noticing the same thing since last Monday. I have still not received the usual notification for that days sales in my email. So I can only assume they got lost but my account shows the money is there. Laughing

I do not need to manually accept any payments so you may have a different type of account than I do (personal/bussiness).

What type do you have? Just a personal? Upgrade by providing PP with some additional verification it costs nothing but your time to do the forms filling, etc.

Last edited by Wendy on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brain dead)

Wendy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Paypal auto accept

Post  Jude on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:09 pm

zzzmaczzz wrote:Hi all, just a quick question (i tried to post yesterday but for some reason it didn't show) Is there any way i can set up my paypal account to auto accept payments as sometimes with the time -zone difference customers who pay don't get the link immediately and some think it's a scam, by the time i get to accept the payment they can be a bit irate, usually demanding a refund, i can't find any preference settings on paypal to change. Anyone else have this problem?

I suspect the problem could be that you have not confirmed your email address with paypal. In such cases, they will always ask for payments sent to you to be
accepted or refused.

Log in to your paypal account and make sure that you confirm your paypal email address. I copied the instructions from the PayPal help section for you:

How do I confirm my email address?

Here's how to confirm your email address:

Click Profile near the top of the page.
Click Update next to Email.
Choose an email address and click Confirm. We’ll send an email to that address.
Open the email, and click the link to confirm your address. You will automatically return to the PayPal site where you will be asked to enter your password.

If the link in the confirmation email we sent you does not work, you can confirm your email address using the 20-digit code included in the email.

Here’s how to confirm your email using the 20-digit code:

Click Confirm email address under Notifications.
Click Click here if the button does not appear in the email.
Enter the 20-digit code from the email we sent you and click Confirm.

You may still have to accept any payments that were sent to you before you confirmed your email (I'm not sure) but after
that, you should receive payments automatically.

If you have your own merchant account with Paypal and accept credit/debits cards on your website, I believe such payments
always have 30 days to be accepted or refused.

Jude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  carolssurfbiz on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:55 am

hi Jude, thanks for that useful information. I've noticed that the occasional person who I pay, has to accept their payment, and I never knew why... so now I do!
carolssurfbiz

View user profile http://www.buildyourlistwithease.com/blog

Back to top Go down

Paypal auto accept

Post  zzzmaczzz on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi all and thanks for the replies, i only had the basic pay pal account as i thought it cost to upgrade, since i upgraded i can change my settings to auto accept payments, not sure if i will have to pay for the upgrade though, suppose I'll soon find out.

zzzmaczzz

View user profile http://getpaidtotakesurveysinc.com

Back to top Go down

No cost it is free!

Post  Wendy on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:51 pm

They just need more verification forms filled out. cheers

Wendy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:32 pm

carolssurfbiz wrote:hi Jude, thanks for that useful information. I've noticed that the occasional person who I pay, has to accept their
payment, and I never knew why... so now I do!

And based on zzzmac's experience, it appears that having a Personal account (instead of a Premier account), might also mean having to
accept payments manually, although I could not find anything in the knowledge base relating to this.

I will ring Paypal and clarify that because a friend of mine just opened a PP account and I told her that for her purposes a Personal account
should be enough. But maybe she should have a Premier account. scratch

Jude

Jude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:30 pm

I phoned PayPal and they confirmed that there are two reasons why a recipient could be asked to accept or refuse a payment:

1. Personal Accounts always have to accept or refuse payments.

Solution: Upgrade to Premium - it's free.

2. Payments received by an unverified payment email address has to be accepted or refused.

Solution: Make sure you have verified your payment email addresses.

Jude

Jude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum